Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Blog inspired by Abby

Okay, I have to agree with Abby when she says there are words that make her toes curl. There are many words that make my toes curl. More than words for me though, is phrases.

#1 for me would be: "you need to get proactive." What does that mean? Am I being con-active? haha. I don't know. I hate it!

#2 Literally: "I literally laughed my ass off!" Oh did you? Let me see! I've never seen an assless person!

#3 You have to think outside the box: WHO has a box in the first place??

#4 Baby: NOT an infant baby... but when someone calls their "loved one" baby. "Hey baby, can you get me a drink of water?" AHHH. I HATE IT!

#5 When you go to a store and the clerk calls you hun/darling/sweetie and they are 10 years younger than you.


There are many more..... these are a few I came up with "from the top of my head" haha, I hate that one too.

I have to do some homework, then i'll be back!
I'm sure I have a worthy blog on internet/text "language".

1 comment:

Abby said...

I agree. And if those hypocrites would do some of their own "thinking outside the box," they wouldn't be using that kind of trite and annoying phrase!

Oh, and people should not be allowed to use the word "proactive" without first showing their membership cards for the official Stephen Covey Fan Club.