Friday, January 18, 2008

Sick day...

Okay, I was really excited to take today off... and now I just feel guilty. I shouldn't expect a sub to be able to handle the antics of the boy I work with. I hope it is going well. I shouldn't feel guilty about taking a day off... but I do. And, I have to drive down to Idaho Falls today... It is snowing like crazy and the roads are super slick! Oh joy... I have to go though. I skipped therapy last week, so I need to go. Plus, I get to see Andy. :) I miss him. I haven't seen him since last Friday. It is hard for us to see each other during the week. Our schedules are kind of opposite.


I did my taxes early this year, like always. When I do this I usually get a refund in 7-10 days... Not this year! The IRS changed laws in the middle of the tax season, so now I have to wait until the end of February to get a refund. So, I get punished for filing early. Rude! I am getting quite a bit back this year... I have waited and waited to qualify for Earned Income Credit. You have to be 25 in order to get this credit... Now I'm 25 and guess what???? I make too much money. HAHA... according to whom? I barely survive month to month, and that is too much money? Oh well, I guess it is better used for those with children anyway.


YAY for a long weekend! I got to teach the boy I work with about Martin Luther King. It was really cool to see him listen about the unfair treatment of the black people. He didn't really know anything about it. I told him about Rosa Parks too. That is something he can relate to, because he rides the bus everyday. Anyway, it made me feel good to teach him something :)



Martin Luther King Jr.

No comments: