Friday, January 25, 2008

Dishonesty

I recently read a friend's blog. He wrote about how people "change face" online. I think this is something I do. I don't lie about myself online... but I think that I try to make myself sound "better" than I am. It is normal to have a certain amount of anonymity online. It wouldn't be responsible to pour your heart out for millions of people to read... There are weird-o's out there afterall! But I think it is also irresponsible to be dishonest. I try my hardest to be honest in "real life", but online it really is easy to make your self smarter, more pretty, taller, skinnier, etc... So here's the real stuff about me:
I'm only 5'4", even though I tell people I'm 5'5"
My hair hasn't been it's natural color in years!!!
I hate green beans, but I eat them when I am a guest at a friends house
I say I hate that Nanny show... where the lady comes in and tells people they are bad parents... but really I like it.
I find bad boys attractive

Oh, there are more... I am not in the mood to be too honest ;) But my friend's blog really got me thinkin'...

Happy Friday!!!

1 comment:

Abby said...

Okay, if you ever come visit me, I will not serve you green beans even though they are my new favorite vegetable (I think I finally wore myself out on carrot sticks). Also... this is an interesting topic to think about (not green beans but honesty online). I refuse to have anything to do with people online unless I know them in real life... so I guess they'll see right through any dishonesty on my part. But, it's a good thing to consider.