Saturday, January 19, 2008

My favorite movies

Okay, today you get a random post. I'm too tired to think of anything clever or important :) I spent all night with Andy, so I haven't had much sleep.

So, here is a list of my favorite movies (no, they won't ALL be Adam Sandler movies).

#1. The Shawshank Redemption: Stephen King wrote this movie... but it doesn't seem much like a Stephen King flick. Tim Robbins has to be one of my favorite actors by far. It is a great movie!


#2. The Wedding Singer: I know, I know... you expected this to be the number 1 movie on my list. Adam Sandler is by far my favorite actor. This movie combines romance with humor... and is by far one of the best movies Adam Sandler has been in.


#3. Groundhog Day: Funny as heck! Really, for awhile you think he is lucky because he gets to live his day over and over again. But then, you feel so sad for him. But in the end it turns out really great.


#4. What About Bob: Another Bill Murray film. This really is an awesome film, that shows you how crazy it can be to live in the life of mental illness... it isn't a serious film though, which makes it great!


#5. Finding Nemo: Really this movie could be higher up on the list. I have seen this movie over 25 times. It is a great movie for the whole family (that is my film critic line!) I love the sharks (fish are friends-not food).


#6. The Butterfly Effect: Ashton Kutcher should not be able to pull off a serious film... but he does in this psychological thriller. Are his blackouts a severe mental illness or can he really travel through time?


#7. 28 Days: Sandra Bullock makes you believe she is suffering from Alcoholism. This movie is a tear-jerker, even for me. Grab a Kleenex and watch Sandra suffer and heal through rehab.


#8. Number 23: Another psychological thriller. Jim Carrey is fabulous in this film. What does the number 23 mean to you? Don't start thinking about it... you will go crazy too!


#9. Fight Club: It is a gruesome movie, but it is really great. I know it is violent, and normally I don't like violence... but this movie really grabbed my attention. I think Brad Pitt is great in this movie... I also LOVE Edward Norton! He is an awesome actor!!!


#10. Memento: WOW. Awesome movie. Leonard lost his mind... literally. Now he has to find his wife's murderer... but how do you find a murderer, when you can't remember what you did 3 minutes ago.


Okay, there is my top 10.... (and only one was Adam Sandler! But of course, Adam Sandler movies trump all) :)

The WORST movie of all time: Fear Dot Com. No description needed.... it just haunted me!

No comments: