Sunday, January 20, 2008

Human Rights Day

Martin Luther King Jr. was an amazing man. Not only does he inspired dreams with his "I have a dream speech"... I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character. -- civil rights march on Washington, D.C., August 28, 1963. (Source: The New York Times)... He also inspires people to do what is right, no matter the consequences.... He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. -- "Stride Toward Freedom," 1958.

I love and respect Martin Luther King Jr. I cannot imagine living in a time when people were judged by their skin color. MLK stood up for what he KNEW was right, and he fought for it until death. I only wish I could be that strong and passionate about my beliefs.

Today is a day to honor MLK. Take time out of your day to pay his respects. Here is a link I found that is awesome... http://www.stanford.edu/group/King/newsletter/index.htm In this link you can read all about MLK and even listen to his famous speeches!

Human Rights Day isn't just another holiday to enjoy off work... It is a holiday to remember who we are as people.

Happy Human Rights Day...

"Find a job that you love doing and you will never have to work a day in your life." - Confucius

No comments: