Friday, January 8, 2010

Kids say the darndest things

I have had a hell week! Work has been a nightmare! My sixth grade “client” has been SO naughty! He won’t do anything and is so defiant and disrespectful! I am just at my wits end with him… He told me today that I am “ruining his life”, that he is naughty because of me, that he hates me, and that I am “insulting” him (etc, etc, etc). I just laugh and brush it off… I mean, he’s 12! But, after awhile I do start to take it personally. It makes me feel inadequate at my job when I can’t control his behavior. I was totally fishing for a compliment and/or validation from the principal today… I said, “I SUCK at my job!” (thinking of course that she would say, “no, no, you are doing great!) NO, she didn’t say ANYTHING! So much for that fishing trip!

Well, to make it better my little 3rd grade client was telling me all about how he was going to capture a tiger (and I mean, this was an IN-DEPTH story!) He told me that he was going to name it Kendra, after me of course! UNLESS, it were a mean tiger… Then he wouldn’t… because “you’re not mean”…… What a tender little boy! Well, he can throw one heck of a tantrum, but lately he’s been just sweet and loving! I’m glad to know that I’m only ruining one student’s life!

I hope next week will be BETTER! I HOPE, HOPE, HOPE!!! (or maybe we could get a snow and/or cold day… PLEASE!)

I’m currently reading “Number the Stars by Lois Lowry. I read it when I was a little tyke… decided I wanted to read it again.

I’m going to write a lot juicier, personal stuff if I ever get readers/stalkers/comments :) hint, hint :)

I just think it’s lame to write about troubles and life and personal stuff when I can’t get some advice! :)

So, yeah.

No comments: