Thursday, January 28, 2010

Hoar frost

Hoarfrost (or white frost) “is the tiny solid deposition of warter vapor from saturated air which occurs when the temperature of the surfaces is below freezing point. It occurs generally with clear skies” (http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Hoar_frost).

Sometimes life sucks… and things seem pretty ugly. There is war and child abuse and debt and drama. But then there is beauty. (I know this is getting sappy guys, stick with me). I’ve been feeling sorry for myself lately. I have to wear oxygen now when I sleep because apparently I don’t breathe enough… I stubbed my toe a GOOD one today, my ankle is puffy and feels broken, I’m tired. Poor me. But this morning when I went outside to leave for work, one of my favorite things had happened… Hoar frost. (Not to mention the sun shined today). So, even though life sucks sometimes… There is a lot of pretty stuff to admire!

My 6th grade student and I took these pictures today during recess. It was so fun to see how RS reacted to the beautiful trees!. RS took all the photos except the one where he is running to slide across the ice. (Click the image to see it larger).

DSCF6282 DSCF6284 DSCF6286 DSCF6293 DSCF6295 DSCF6297

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just saying to Jackie this morning how the only upside of fog is the frost on the trees, it's so beautiful!
~Cin

Tambi said...

Wow! That looks REALLY cold. the hoar frost does look super pretty. And sliding across the ice...now that would be fun! I'm kinda jealous now :)

Unknown said...

hey I tried to add you to follow your blog. It wont work can you invite me moserte@uvu.edu