Monday, May 14, 2012

Tempus Fugit!

Where has the time gone? The days just zoom by one after another and sure enough it’s almost half way through May! I’m realizing that I don’t follow through with things… I mean, I followed through on getting a Master’s degree, but that’s about it. I need to start sticking to my commitments! (Yes Jackie, I’m admitting I have commitment issues) Smile Anyway… more on that soon (I promise).

A few weeks ago my mom was diagnosed with uterine cancer. Cancer… what an ugly word. I’m not sure what the appropriate response is to that kind of news, but I’ve been numb. It doesn’t seem real and I mostly want to ignore it. There aren’t any gynecological endocrinologists in the state of Idaho… So we have to go to the Huntsman Cancer Institute in Salt Lake City. Mom’s first appointment is the 23rd and I’m nervous. I mean, I’m sure she is WAY super nervous… but I’m nervous too. I laughed at the possibility of cancer in my immediate family… now I realize I was too naïve. More on that as news comes.

Tomorrow I am getting allergy testing. I went to the ENT like 4 years ago and I was supposed to get the testing then, but I put it off and off and off… so now, I’m finally going in. I haven’t been able to take allergy medication for over a week and I am an itchy, sniffling, sore throaty chick! I hope they find something out so I can be much more healthy! I am losing my health insurance in August, and I’m super nervous! I’ve never gone without health insurance (well, for awhile in undergrad, but there was a student health clinic that was cheap). It is a scary though.

Parker is in baseball and is excited for school to be out in 8 1/2 days! He will be heading to California for the summer and he’s excited about that. He can’t wait to see everyone there.

We went to the baby animal fair this weekend, and as always it was a lot of fun! The reptiles weren’t there, so that was sad… but the bunnies and ducks were dang cute! I wanted to take the bunny home with me!!

Miniature Australian ShepherdsDSCF2145

Cutest bunny ever!DSCF2147

Mom and Parker loved this puppy!

DSCF2159DSCF2162

THe ducks are my favorite!!!

DSCF2166DSCF2173DSCF2175FUnny pictures Smile

No comments: