Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Grateful

I am sitting her at work, waiting for a client to come in… feeling tired and a little annoyed (no-shows suck). I feel overwhelmed and wanting a pity party… Then I read a news story about a 24-year-old girl who has necrotizing fasciitis (flesh eating disease). She has had her left leg amputated at the hip, her right foot and both hands. She spoke for the first time after 3 weeks and was so grateful to hear her own voice. She didn’t utter a “why me”…. Wow. I feel kind of silly! It made me realize that I need to be much more grateful for everything I do have.

1. I am generally healthy 

2. I have all of my limbs

3. I have a fabulous family

4. I have a job

5. I was fortunate to attend and graduate college and graduate school

6. I have a reliable car

7. I have a warm house and food in my fridge

8. I live in a country where I am free

9. I have access to modern medicine

10. I am alive

Okay, so there is much more, but I need to get more assessments written. Be happy, be grateful!

No comments: