Monday, November 1, 2010

Giving Thanks

Some days it is hard to be thankful. I know that probably sounds awful… but it’s true. I have become so discouraged with finding internship sites that it has kind of taken over my life. Realizing today is November 1st, I am reminded of Thanksgiving and what that means. It’s easy to forget what these winter holidays are about, so I want to do everything I can to remember. Sometimes writing a blog seems lame. I don’t really know what to talk about and how personal to get… but I decided to write about something I am thankful for everyday of November.

November 1, 2010 – Monday

Family

I am so, so thankful for my family. My life hasn’t always been easy, but my family is ALWAYS there for me. I have a very small family compared to some. On my mom’s side I don’t have any living aunts. My dad passed away 11 years ago. My brother Travis passed away 16 years ago. All I have is my mom, my brother Chuck, and my sister Kim. Luckily, I have 4 amazing nieces (Rebecca, Emily, Marisa, and Rosie) and 1 amazing nephew/son (Parker). I have 6 1st cousins, 15 2nd cousins and 1 third cousin. That’s it. My small family has to be close, and luckily we are. My mom and I are SO close. In my adult life we have become more like best friends than mother-daughter. When I’m bored, I call my mom before I call any friends. Some people enjoy their adult freedom (away from their parents). I don’t. I want to see my mom everyday. I hate that my sister and her daughters live in California. I hate that my brother and his family lives in New Mexico. I want to see them everyday. I am SO grateful for my family. I am so lucky to have such great people in my life.

Thank you family. I ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ you!

chuck fam 1 Chuck’s familyfamily 1 Parker, Marisa, Emily, Rebecca and Rosie

hat Me and Parkerkim fam1 Kim and familyme mom1 Me, mom and Princessmekids 1 Me, Emily, Parker and Rebeccarosie 1 Rosie