Friday, November 12, 2010

TWLOHA

http://www.twloha.com/index.php

To Write Love on Her Arms is a movement. It helps people who suffer from depression, self-injury, suicidal thoughts, anxiety, and other mental health issues. I found this movement at a very tough time in my life. I have struggled with self-injury and depression all of my life. But I’m learning to create my own story. Today I write love on my arms for my brother Travis who was taken by mental illness. Today I write love on my arms for my Aunt Etta Mae who lost her life in the struggle with depression. I write love on my arms for all those who are fighting the war with mental illness. I write love on my arm for the success of being free from self-injury for 2 years. I write love on my arms for the helpers. For N and J who taught me how to help myself, how to live for myself, and how to accept myself. I write love on my arms for my mom who accepts me regardless of my past or future. I write love on my arms for Parker, who has taught me so much over the past 8 months. I write love on my arms for a fellow blogger who lost her daughter to miscarriage. I write love on my arms for my living brother and sister. I write love on my arms for my nieces Rebecca, Emily, Marisa, and Rosie.

LOVE IS THE MOVEMENT!

 

LOVEClick To Zoom                                 Click To Zoom

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Kendra,
I am very much aware of TWLOHA organization and was really moved by what you shared. I work with teenage girls who suffer from depression and self-injury and TWLOHA is doing a great job of bringing awareness to depression and self-injury...thank you for sharing.

Unknown said...

Thanks so getting so personal. I didn't know about this and will be looking it up thanks to you :O)