Monday, October 11, 2010

I know this is a touchy subject, but…

OKAY, I have to add my 2 cents… not that it matters much.

Everybody deserves love and respect. End of story. How is it possible that an entire religion can support the discrimination of gay, lesbian, bi-sexual, transgendered people? How can anyone support a religion who is so discriminative? How can you give 10% of your income to a religion that hates? Do we discriminate against people who are born with 6 fingers, deaf, blind, mentally challenged, mentally ill, or a different color than ourselves? How can someone say that homosexuality is a choice? To me, that is like someone choosing to be bipolar! If you believe in God, don’t you believe he is accepting of ALL people? Don’t you believe he will love ALL his children, regardless of age, sexual orientation, color, etc…

I KNOW I will probably lose friends by having this point of view… but honestly! I am a straight woman, and I am PROUD to have friends who are gay, lesbian, and bisexual. I respect them. Do I want to be homosexual? No. We DO NOT all have to be the same!!! I don’t want to be a man, but I respect men. I am not deaf, but I respect deaf people. You don’t have to BE homosexual to respect homosexual individuals!

Am I getting my point across???? I am SOOO tired of logging onto Facebook/e-mail and having an inbox FULL of hatred. I DO NOT want to join a group to support Boyd K. Packard. I DO NOT want to join a group supporting the “treatment of homosexuality”. I DO NOT want to forward chain e-mails about making gay marriage illegal.

I SUPPORT HOMOSEXUALITY. I SUPPORT GAY MARRIAGE. I DO NOT THINK HOMOSEXUALITY IS AN ILLNESS. THEY DO NOT NEED “TREATMENT” THEY NEED

RESPECT.

So, un-friend me on Facebook, take me off your e-mail list, hate me. This is my opinion. I mean no offense… but I’m pissed…

 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Kendra

Sorry the issue has you so upset. I wish I could explain how I feel about the whole issue. I don't think you have to support their life style if you feel strongly against it but we all need to be respectful of each other. I see your point but for me it upsets me to see a group of people who want respect to be so disrespect of a group who doesn't support them. Its sad that so many people on both side are so hurtful and angry about things that my church has said since the family proc has come out. I am sorry your so upset about it all but I understand it. I am very upset but on the other side of the fence on this matter. I still loves you though.

Anonymous said...

Not agreeing with and hating are two different things. Not supporting something and hating something are two different things. I have a cousin who is gay. I still love him very much, but I just dont agree with his choices and I dont support him. Just as most people would say about something say a drug addiction (not comparing the lifestyle by any means just how you react to it) You dont agree with or support what they are doing, but you still love them. The church never promotes hate. I am sorry that you feel this way and I can totally see how you would though. :)

Kim said...

Here are my thoughts and I am sure there are many including members of my family (even my hubby) who disagree. I am a convert. As I understand it not all has been revealed to us. We are not meant to know every thing. Yes marriage between a man and women is sacred and holy. I am behind that. I am all about family being important. The thing that I feel having been raised as I was and having come into the gospel the way I have is that a Heavenly Father who is all about love would not want us to hate anyone. He would not want us to try to change any one. Honestly I think He would be disappointed in how the collective has behaved towards a group of His children no matter who they are or how different they are. I am sure I'll get ripped for thinking so. I just don't see how a God who loves as my God does would ever condone treating another this way. I may not choose it. I also may not choose polygamy but I am not going to judge them. If a person is living the best life they can, if they are striving every day to better them selves and better their world and be who they are without causing pain then who am I to judge? The church has every right to say who can and can't marry in the temple but beyond that I really don't think it is our place to comment.

Natchel said...

Ouch. I agree and disagree with you. But I'm not one for arguing so I'm not going to get into it here.

Anonymous said...

I have to totally agree with you Kendra. I am a straight woman married to a man, but this subject also pisses me off. Quit worrying about if others around you are "good" enough to make it to heaven, and start worrying about yourself. What other people do with there lives is NOBODY else's business. As to people that think gays have a choice in the matter, do some more research. It has been proven on several studies that homosexuals are born that way. They can't just choose not to be. For them, living straight would be living a false life. They can't just change there entire being, and everything they are and represent, because some people tell them they are wrong. And just to remind every one, Most of America, and the world for that matter thinks that the Mormon church and its members are crazy(I am LDS)and evil, and they certainly do not think we are Christens. How do I know this because I live in A small Mormon community, and I deal with people from around the entire world, and country Every day. You should hear the things they tell me, or ask me. But just because these people view my beliefs or my religion differently, sure does't mean I'm gonna change who I am or how I view things. And if you don't like someone or condemn them for who they are or the way they live, aren't you really just as wrong as you say these people are. God also says "Judge not lest ye be judged your self" Because you think you are better than others means your just lying to yourself, because you refuse to admit that you are just as messed up as the rest of the world. Sinning is sinning no matter how small you may believe it is. Judging a person because you don't agree with the way they live is also a sin. Think about it. From Jessica B. Johnson