Friday, October 15, 2010

Becoming a mother

hat

Growing up I always knew I would be a mother. When I married Bronson, we both knew we wanted kids… We tried from day one, and when I found out I probably could never have kids I was devastated. While Bronson and I were still married we took a trip to California. While shopping in Old Sacramento with my sister and mom we ran into a psychic. I have never been one to “believe in” psychics, but I thought it would be fun to have them look into my future. This psychic told me that I would get divorced around the holidays (at that point I was still “happily” married). She also told me I would never have children of my own, but I would have hundreds of children. I hated what she said… what a downer! Well, that next Christmas I spent my time filing divorce papers. So, if the divorce came true… will the fact that I will never have kids come true too?

Well, I didn’t give birth to Parker… but I love him like he is my own son. He has been in California for 2 weeks… at first I was enjoying my little bit of freedom… but now I just want that little bugger home. I miss him like I never thought possible! He is such a bright light in my life, and has truly been an inspiration. It is fun watching him grow and learn everyday. He is becoming more and more responsible as the days pass… but he is still such a kid it makes me smile. I can’t wait to pick him up from the airport tomorrow. Him coming home means we have to go back to school and work… but I am ready to get back to real life!

Fashion Show 024 I miss this goof!

No comments: