Thursday, December 31, 2009

A new template and new resolutions

Last year I decided I wasn’t going to share my resolutions. I didn’t think it was important for anyone to know my deepest wishes and wants. Throughout this year I have changed a lot, mentally and emotionally. I have realized some great… and not so great things about myself, but I’m not afraid to share these with my friends (the 2 people who read this blog) :) So, for your reading enjoyment, my 2010 New Year Resolutions:

1. Volunteer. I love people. I love helping people. I have volunteered short-term at many places (crisis line, daycares, summer reading programs, etc) but I’ve never actually been a “volunteer”… Somewhere important, somewhere where I can make a real difference… So, I am going to call places Monday and set something up! And volunteer ALL year!

2. Be more positive! I have found over the past year that I am a Negative-Nelly. I tend to see the glass half empty, and I don’t like it! I want to be a lot more positive in 2010! Which means less gossip and more compliments!

3. Be more active. I am NOT making a resolution to exercise… I know for a fact that I am SO stubborn I will NOT exercise just because I made a goal of it. Really, I just want to be more active. I want to take Princess on more walks. I want to spend more time playing with the kids at school instead of just watching them play. I want to see the sights of Idaho (when it isn’t –20 outside!)

4. Eat more vegetables! Pretty self explanatory… I do pretty well, but I want to get more of the food groups in my diet. (which also means, less sugar… I mean… I am diabetic!)

5. Less procrastination!! It’s not working out to save 15-10 page papers until the day they are due! It makes me crazy! And crazy I DON’T want to be! :)

6. Be more responsible with my money! I am VERY frivolous! I spend money on the dumbest stuff… seriously! I need to cut my spending A LOT… and pay off bills… and SAVE. For now, spend less and pay more debt!

7, Finish therapy. I mean, I know it isn’t something you would normally be able to do… but I am so close, really. So many of my “issues” have been worked through… and I am HAPPY…… really! I know there are just a few more things I need to work through, but I think 2010 is the year!

8. Get more in touch with my spirituality. I am Buddhist, but this isn’t entirely the case. Although I find Buddhism to peaceful and accepting. But, part of the reason I like Buddhism is because it takes away my fear of God. Fear may sound like the wrong word… and maybe it is, but I fear there is not a God, and on the other hand I fear there is a God, because I don’t understand what that means. Does this make sense? Probably not! But, I need to figure this all out for myself!

9. Journal more. I use to write in a journal EVERYDAY, no matter what. Lately, I have really slacked off in that department… So… I resolve to write everyday, again.

10. Be less OCD. Because it’s December 31st and my resolutions don’t officially start until tomorrow… I can add a 10th resolution because if it weren’t even I’d go nuts…. But tomorrow, I resolve to be less “OCD” :)

There you go :) HAPPY NEW YEAR! LET’S HOPE 2010 IS WAY BETTER THAN 2000!

1 comment:

Melody said...

great resolutions!! hope 2010 is just awesome and wonderful for you!!