Thursday, December 25, 2008

Santa came!


Well, it's official... Santa came. I must have been good this year! So let me break down a few fun things I did... and got, this year!

On Christmas Eve my mom and I listened to the book The Forgotten Carols, by Michael McLean. When I was younger my family went to the play every year. It is beautiful, and I LOVE it! If you haven't seen the play or read the book... you must!

"It tells the story of a nurse whose empty life is changed by her patient, John, who expands her understanding of Christmas. "The Forgotten Carols" are original songs from the perspective of characters such as the innkeeper who turned the young couple away or the shepherd who slept through the angel's announcement. Their personal accounts, until now, have been overlooked or ignored. Together, John and Constance discover what the world has forgotten about Christmas." (review found on www.amazon.com)

Anyway... check it out! I also made sugar cookies for my neighbors... which was super fun! I felt like a kid, but it was great! I of course saved a few for myself and my mom to munch on! They turned out pretty dang good!

My mom and I woke up pretty early today to open our gifts, as we planned to be on speaker phone while my sister and her kids opened their gifts... and after that my brother and his wife and daughter open their gifts. So, let me break down what cool things I got this year!

1. A locket which is basically something I've wanted FOREVER!



2. A St. Christopher necklace!

3. A Zen Day Planner

4. Scrubs season 7 DVD

5. Elf and How the Grinch Stole Christmas (the Jim Carrey version)

6. A cat and dog book

7. A camo thermal (and thermal jammies)

8. a jacket

9. A Toa Ching book

10. "Stand Back said the Elephant, I'm going to sneeze!" and "The Giant Jam Sandwich" (If you have not read these children's books... you MUST!)

11. Sharpies! All different colors!

And a few other things I can't think of right now!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments: