Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder

Okay, I do NOT have Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)... I have Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD) (or in my opinion I do). OCD is an anxiety disorder that is characterized by recurrent, unwanted thoughts and obsessions and/or repetitive behaviors. Repetitive behaviors can include hand washing, counting, checking, and cleaning.

Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder is a preoccupation with rules, orderliness, and control. The person often has difficulty expressing tender feelings, and rarely pays compliments. There is a big difference between OCD and OCPD.

BUT....... I think I developed OCD after watching Opera today. They were doing a show about OCD in which they made people touch the inside of dumpsters, toilet seats, floors, etc... and then LICK THEIR HANDS AFTER! OMG, are you kidding? Honestly, would perfectly healthy people touch the inside of a dumpster then lick their hand??????? I am thinking that would be H to the ELL NO!

So, I am quite traumatized and have banned Opera from my viewing material! How dare she create another mental illness for me?

2 comments:

Natchel said...

You WOULD get a personality disorder from Oprah dork! :)

Kendra said...

Yeah, yeah... you would have gotten a personality disorder from yesterday's Oprah show too!!