Sunday, December 28, 2008

I am.... Spoiled...

Okay, from my last post you can probably tell that I am spoiled. I really didn't want to write a post that covered the real meaning of Christmas. I know that Christmas is about charity and remembering Christ... I am Buddhist, and do not tend to believe that Christ is the savior of the world. I KNOW... Damn me now... But I do believe Christmas should be about the feeling, not the gifts. But, alas... I am spoiled, and I did get a lot of "stuff". I struggled to feel the spirit this year. There was snow... there were lights... there was music... I just missed the feeling. Listening to The Forgotten Carols usually helps.... Because I tend to be like Constance (Conny Lue)... I find Christmas to be too commercialized and overdone... But what do I do? I dropped a bunch of money to buy my family the "perfect gifts". I did get Marisa AMAZING star boots! I did get Parker the coolest skate park for his tech decks... I did get Rebecca a baby pig (a toy of course), that she LOVED! I did get Emily make-up... which she thought was SO grown up! I got mom everything she wanted... Why did I do this? Why did I spend my hard earned money on STUFF? Because I like to buy love... Or something...

But I am spoiled... and I did get amazing shoes, and amazing jewelry, and amazing books, and amazing STUFF!

So... what does this mean? I don't know..... I've confused myself once again...

But my shoes are amazing....


No comments: