Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Time is a funny thing

Time is a funny thing… It is funny how fast time can see to fly by, while other times it seems to stop completely (usually when I’m at Hell work).

Today my niece Rebecca called to tell me she has a job interview tomorrow. I can’t help but think about her as a little girl, not a young woman. I like to think of her as still being 3 or 4… When she didn’t sleep and was full of energy. But now she is 17, and next year she’ll be a senior in high school… and then off to bigger and better things. I am so happy for her, and so proud of her accomplishments. Life isn’t easy for her, but she is a fighter! (P.S. I got a call today from Rebecca… and she GOT THE JOB! So proud of her!)

My Uncle Bud passed away a few days ago. He had been sick for quite some time, so it wasn’t shocking… and yet it was shocking. Does that make sense? Anyway, it made me realize how little contact I have with my dad’s side of the family. I really haven’t seen any of them since my Grandma Hazel’s funeral, and that’s been years and years. Oh, yeah, I’m friends with some of them on Facebook… but it just isn’t the same, ya know?

Parker will be going to his well child check in February… Which means he’s been in Idaho for nearly 2 years. Can you believe that? 2 YEARS! Again, this time thing… crazy! Everything just becomes routine, and you don’t even think about all the time that is passing. I was having a conversation with someone today, and they asked how long I’d been divorced.. I was shocked when I said 8 years! Can you believe that? Life is just flying by…

I’m not a huge Country music fan… but Rascal Flatts sings this song called “I’m moving on” and part of it says

“At last I can see life has been patiently waiting for me
And I know there's no guarantees, but I'm not alone
There comes a time in everyone's life
When all you can see are the years passing by
And I have made up my mind that those days are gone”

I love it. Anyway… I’m going to try to do better at this whole blogging thing… Smile

uncle budTHIS IS MY UNCLE BUD. RIP! LOVE YOU! 1942-2012.

january 19 2012 A mug shot looking picture of Parker… It is one of our “picture a day” pictures. Smile 

♥♥♥♥♥

No comments: