Monday, January 16, 2012

Time flies!

Can you believe it is already half way through January? It’s funny how time keeps going on even if you don’t think it should. I am in a weird in-between limbo with my counseling career. The licensing board only meets quarterly… which means they won’t meet until February 7th and 8th. Until then, I am not a licensed counselor and can’t bill insurances or Medicaid. It’s really hard to find cash paying clients. I’m only working at the school 2 days per week, so that is super stressful! We have no money, but we are makin’ it and that’s all that matters!

 

Parker and I made a jar of activities that we will pull out of everyday. Sunday Parker pulled “shoot hoops”. We walked to the school and played basketball for about 2 hours. It really was A LOT of fun! We brought Princess along and she was scared of the basketball and SUPER cold and shivery the whole time… It was sad for her. Tonight Parker drew “make dinner together”. We made chicken alfredo pasta. It was fun and yummy!

 

On Friday I started the “couch to 5k” program. It helps you… um… get off the couch and run. haha. So, you do it 3 times a week, and it helps you build up your tolerance and such. So I did it Friday and Sunday, and I’ll do my 3rd tomorrow. The second week you jog more and walk less, so I’m nervous. This week it was jog 60 seconds, walk 90 seconds. Next week I think I jog 90 seconds and walk 90 seconds or something like that. Anyway… I’m trying to have fun with it even though I’m SUPER sore! I’m trying to change my life into a healthier life so I can be a good example for Parker.

 

Oh, and we are doing a picture a day of Parker for the whole year. We are making a movie out of it. It should be fun to watch how he grows and changes.

 

Let’s see… what else? Oh, we’ve had, like, NO snow! Parker is signed up for ski school and they went the first week and it was all ice. They cancelled it last week, and they probably will this week too. It’s nuts!

 

Anyway, life is good… I’ll try to keep up more!

cute doggynew hairparker dog2parker dog3parker skiprincess toys

No comments: