Saturday, January 8, 2011

Life is getting busy!

The new year has already started out with a bang! I can’t help but reflect on the past 28 years of my life. Spending many years as a pessimist jaded my view of life, but as I grow and learn I realize that life is wonderful. As I break free from past traumas, depression, and anger, I feel nothing but hope for the future. My counseling internship officially starts on Monday (even though I’ve done some work beforehand). I CANNOT believe I have made it to this point in my education. I never thought I would make it this far. As I counsel clients I will be able to use not only my extensive education, but my past experiences in therapy. I will be able to understand the client’s apprehension and fear of talking to a stranger. I feel so ready for this internship (nervous, but ready). I know I have a lot more learning to do! But, with my amazing internship supervisor, Scott, I believe I will get the best experience possible.

When I look at my calendar for the next month I get a little freaked out. My life is going to be extremely busy and packed full of school, work, clients, Parker, Parker’s activities, etc. All I can do is try to make the next 9 months go by as smooth as possible! I am so grateful to work in the school district. I am blessed with amazing co-workers and an extremely understanding and respectful boss/principal. I have so much support from my family, friends, co-workers, and classmates it is unreal! So, this may be my last blog post in awhile, because… well, I don’t know that I’ll have time to write much.

So, let me tell you what’s new, besides my internship!

Parker did not make the Jr. High basketball team. He was pretty sad about it, but he has such a great attitude. Luckily, one of his friend’s dads is the coach of a community league. So, Parker is playing on his friend’s community team. He LOVES it. There are 7 kids on his team and they will have games pretty much every Saturday. He is learning to practice hard and to put the important stuff first (homework). I picked up his community basketball shirt yesterday, and he was really pumped. I’ll try to remember to take photos of his first game!

Parker is also taking ski school! He decided he would rather learn to snowboard than ski, so that is what he did. Yesterday was his first day (they go for the next 4 Friday’s). They take a class for about an hour, then they get to practice and free ski for about 2 hours! Parker came home and said he LOVED it! He had so much fun, and he even tried the ski lift on his first day! He said he fell quite a few times, but he just got right back up! The only thing he didn’t like was getting thrown up on. On the way home from ski school a girl got car sick and threw up all over him. He was pretty disgusted! But, he was a good sport about it and we washed all his clothes when he got home! He can’t wait until next Friday!

Parker is doing REALLY well in school this trimester. He has really amazing teachers that are helping him tremendously! He hasn’t even “faked” sick once this trimester Smile I love being able to work at the Jr. High. I love seeing Parker with all of his friends. It makes me happy to see him get along with everyone!

As for me, all that is new is school. I will be taking my final class along with my first quarter of internship. The final class is called Integrative Project. Basically, I have to write one final HUGE paper. I’m nervous, mainly because it’s a lot of work. I just hope I can stay healthy for the next 9 months (kinda feels like I should have a baby at the end… but maybe a Master’s degree is my baby) Smile Last week I went to the doctor because I was quite sick. He found that I had burst my eardrum, and I had strep throat. With some antibiotics I’m feeling much better. I’m just trying to keep a positive attitude about everything!

Well, that’s all. Life is going to get busy! Between work, school, internship, homework (mine and Parker’s), basketball, snowboarding, sleeping, Princess time, etc… Life is going to be crazy! I hope it makes time fly! I can’t wait until I have my Master’s degree!!! December 2011 can’t come soon enough!

No comments: