Sunday, January 30, 2011

Emergency room adventure

I’m going to have to say that Parker is a delight to live with 98% of the time. I figure this is pretty good considering some horror stories I’ve heard. We have a lot of fun together… Take for instance yesterday: we played catch in the hallway for about 2 hours. We just talked and laughed. It was great! Well, tonight landed in the 2% of the time that it isn’t so delightful. Parker was bored… it was about 9:00 PM, so it wasn’t like he could go out and play… so, he decided he would put together the fishing pole he got for his birthday (in July). He was going along fine until a fish hook got stuck in his shorts. In order to get the hook out, I had to cut the shorts….. So, now I’m going to have to buy new basketball shorts. Just after I got the hook out of the shorts, he informs me another hook is stuck in his fuzzy blanket. So, he brings the blanket out and I get to work. I really didn’t want to ruin his blanket, so I was trying to pull the hook through the fabric……. well, the hook went from the blanket to my finger. It didn’t hurt or bleed, but it was definitely stuck. So, I calmly called Parker to the living room. I say, “Don’t freak out, but the hook is in my finger”. Well, he freaked out a little. I told him it didn’t hurt but we would have to go to the ER to get it out. So, I calmly drive us to the hospital. The doctor comes in and shoots my finger up with the numbing stuff. The needle was HUGE and it hurt worse than the hook. Parker almost passed out watching it!! The nurse gave me a tetanus (sp?) shot, which didn’t hurt at all. My finger got numb and the doctor was able to pull the hook out….. 45 minutes is all it took! They bandaged me up and I was good to go. My finger is still numb, and typing is hard, but I’ll live. Life is ALWAYS an adventure when Parker is around Smile He did feel really bad, so I was a lot braver than I may have been otherwise! And I had to cut the blanket after all that!!!

 

Not a pretty picture!!!

Ouch!!! The green stuff is part of the blanket that I ended up having to cut anyway!

All better! Yellow bumblebees to help me feel better!

Us about 30 minutes before the incident Smile

No comments: