Sunday, February 28, 2010

In memory

My dad was born in 1940. In 1975 he married my mom. He worked hard and always supported us. He loved me (and my brothers and sister) :) He was an awesome dad! I loved my dad more than anything! Even though he was ill most of my life, he still did what he could. He LOVED to fish and camp. He was always at the lake, ALWAYS. He loved to take us fishing, and we loved to go! When I was little he worked for a restaurant… He would call us when the first batch of bread came out of the oven so we could run over to eat warm bread with him. He loved going on long drives. Sunday’s were spent driving… It didn’t matter where we went, we just drove. My mom and sister would sing, sing, sing… I loved those days! My dad was strong too. He may have been sick, but he was one buff dude! Not even joking!

One time my dad took me to the mall (just to walk, and window shop)… It was the best day ever! We didn’t buy anything… We just walked around, mostly in silence… but that was how I liked it… Just being with him. Going to the mall was pretty rare because dad would much rather spend his time fishing! I could write pages about the times I got to spend with my dad… and the fun things we did as a family!

Dad died of a heart attack on leap year 2000 (February 29, 2000). It was the worst day of my life. I love my papa and miss him dearly. I can’t believe 10 years have passed!

I wrote this poem for my dad. It was printed on the back of his funeral program. (this is from memory, so I’m pretty sure it isn’t exact, but it’s pretty close)

a warm and tender man came into this world

he lived his life serving his country and his family

he had warm smile and a laugh like Santa Claus

He loved his children and grandchildren

Some called him boss

some called him friend

some called him Ron

but I called him dad

I love you daddy ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

scan0002 Me and my papa ♥imageMom, Dad and Me on my wedding day

scan0040 Dad and Kim when she was in labor with Emily (who is now 13!!!!)

scan0136 My papa

scan0137 Family photo (Kim’s wedding 1994; yes, I was super chubbo!) This is probably the last photo with Travis in it. :(

scan0160 Dad loved being shirtless. haha! He also loved Christmas!

 

In Memory of Ronald George Bagshaw

July 5, 1940 – February 29, 2000

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is very well done. It makes me very nostalgic and melancholy. I miss him too Kenz.