Sunday, May 24, 2009

Sunday's hero

Okay, I am not normally one to have "themed" blogs... but today it seemed more than appropriate. Anyone who knows me, knows I love having heroes. I have so many that I want to recognize them! The first hero I want to recognize is my friend Tambi. This girl is AMAZING, no joke. She is my age (so, totally young and spry!), she is married with 2 very handsome sons. I met her when I started working at UVSC (now it's UVU, but it was much cooler when Tambi and I worked there). She has had so many battles in her life! She was diagnosed with MS not too long ago, and it has been pretty dang bad. She had to be in a wheelchair recently because she couldn't walk. Throughout ALL of her trials, she sees the positive side of things. She doesn't want to be depressed because "being depressed is depressing!" I have never met a more positive, happy person! Not only does she rock when it comes to her own trials..... but she rocks when it comes to MY trials! A couple of years ago I was really crazy. I had just gone through the divorce from hell and I was a mental wreck in all areas of life. I did something really stupid, and almost died. Tambi and her husband Erek took me into their home, and treated me like I wasn't crazy! Erek (poor guy) had to blow up an air mattress without a pump, and almost passed out! I'm not even kidding when I say that Tambi is my hero! She rocks! If you ever get a chance to read her blog, do it! She will inspire you! If she gives me permission, I link you to it.

So, my hero of the week award goes to Tambi! (There isn't really an award... cuz I'm poor... Just a shout out on my blog) :)

2 comments:

Natchel said...

Way to go Tambi! That's so sad about the wheelchair. I hope she's alright.
So... next week the theme is Rachel right? ;) I'm SO excited you're coming to AZ!!

Tambi said...

Oh Kendra, ur AWESOME!!! Thank you :) I totally needed that little pick me up :) And yes, you have my permission to put a link to my blog. And by the way, ur totally NOT crazy! We miss you, and can't wait to see you again!!!