Saturday, April 16, 2011

Parker’s home!

This cute cowboy is back home in Idaho. Friday was a very stressful day for me! I had an appointment at 10, so I knew I wouldn’t be leaving Idaho Falls until 11. That gave me PLENTY of time to get to the SLC airport by 3:45.. But I’m a stress cadet and I always want to be super early to everything. So, as I’m speeding through Salt Lake, I don’t notice the speed limit change from 75 MPH to 65 MPH. I had my cruise set, and I was flying. Well, the next thing I know, there are flashing lights. I was being pulled over for the FIRST TIME IN MY ENTIRE LIFE! Holy smokes! I was so scared! The Utah Highway Patrol was SUPER nice though. He said the speed limit changed to 65 about a mile before he pulled me over… luckily my Idaho plates helped me play dumb… So, he didn’t give me a ticket. Just a stern warning to slow down. I drove 64 the rest of the way to the airport! I got in line at the airport to get my security pass to pick up Parker at the gate… only to realize I left my drivers license sitting on the passenger seat of my car. So, I had to walk ALL the way back to the parking lot, get my license, and walk back to the airport security line. Luckily the line through security wasn’t very long, and I didn’t get extra pat downs this time… so it was a quick process. Well, the lady at Delta told me Parker’s flight would be coming in to D5, so I get up there, and have 25 minutes to spare. I read my book and people watch, and realize a few minutes before the flight comes in that the sign on D5 says the flight is coming in from Nashville NOT Sacramento. So, I go to the nice people at D6 and they tell me his flight is coming into C4!! That meant I had about 2 minutes to book it… good think SLC airport isn’t as big as some of the others I’ve been in (Atlanta has train shuttles in their terminals!)…. I get there just in time for him to get off the plane. His dad had bought him a cowboy hat, so he was looking all cowboy cute when he got off the plane.

I promised Parker I would take him out to Sushi when he got back… So, I mapped out the directions to a sushi place in Salt Lake. After an hour of searching, we realized the place had closed down!!! So, we decided on a place called Simply Sushi. I am going to admit right now that I am NOT a huge fan of sushi… so I was a little worried that Parker would eat the sushi and I would have to stop off at Wendy’s or something for a burger Smile But, Parker ordered some rolls that didn’t have raw fish in them, and they were actually pretty good! One of the veggie rolls had avocado, cucumber, mango, and cream cheese… Tasty stuff! It ended up being a FUN time! After sushi we headed home… 4 hours down and 4 hours back was NOT fun… but Parker and I giggled and laughed the WHOLE way home. We didn’t even really listen to music! We tried to have “straight face” contests, which was totally impossible!

Parker brings so much joy into my life. I don’t realize how attached I’ve become until he leaves for a week. I missed him so much! It is fun having him home. Princess went CRAZY when she saw him too.

image

imageBeing cheesy

imageColorado Roll (I think)

imagePark City Roll… this had cooked salmon, jalapeno cream cheese and avocado. YUM YUM.  Who knew I would like sushi?

No comments: