Friday, February 25, 2011

Personally speaking

I don’t tend to talk a lot about my personal life on here. It isn’t because I don’t want to… but it’s hard to put into words some of the things I want to say or write. Life has gotten pretty stressful for me. When I got my paycheck on the 20th and realized how small it was I kind of panicked. I knew it was going to be short, I mean, I have to take a day off every week for this internship thing… but it was still a shock. Work has been really crazy lately. A student that I spent more than half of my day with was pulled out of school to be homeschooled. This all happened over a week ago. Then today, the school psychologist informed me that the other student I was trying to qualify probably WOULDN’T qualify. So, I’ve been a bum at work. I only have 2 clients right now, at 1 hour each. So, after 2 hours I’m done. I’ve tried to stay busy, but it’s pretty hard to pull stuff to do out of a hat. Because of this lack of work, I feel I’m starting to be viewed as a slacker. I HATE that feeling. I’m NOT a slacker. Trust me, I would rather have my day full of things to do! But, the special ed teacher does have some students to qualify for PSR, so I hope it all works out SOON. I hate feeling worthless at work. I want to go to work feeling productive, but lately I have to force myself to even get out of bed.

My internship is going really well. My supervisor is really knowledgeable and has been teaching me a TON! 2 of my clients cancelled their appointments this week, so that was kind of stressful. I have to have 100 hours by March 18th. Right now I’m at 60. I am worried about money and hours when April starts… because then I will need 300 hours in 3 months instead of 100. I know it will work out… I just have to make it through until December, then I’ll be DONE!!

Parker is doing really well. Basketball is almost over (thankfully)! He has LOVED playing, and has become really close with his teammates (well, all but 2). He’ll finish up just in time to sign up for baseball. I feel like we are always running somewhere, busy doing something. He is doing A LOT better this trimester in school. The trimester ends on the 6th, and I think he might finish on the honor roll… that is if he can' bring his health grade up a bit. He has really struggled in health for some reason.

I chopped my hair off. When I made the appointment I thought I was just going to get a trim… but when I got there I just wanted it all chopped off! I really like the cut, it’s just hard to get used to Smile I’ve started walking on the treadmill again. I did 1 mile in 21 minutes on Wednesday, then 1 mile in 19.57 on Thursday. The times aren’t great, but I felt good after. I know I should do more than 1 mile, but I have to start somewhere. I hope to do a mile tonight too, but I’m going to dinner with a friends, so I may not have time. I’m just trying to be a more healthy person. I want to set a good example for Parker, and so far I haven’t been great at doing that. Fast food is so much easier when we have so much going on… but I’ve been cooking a lot more often, and a lot more healthy. Last night we had really tasty chicken wraps on tomato basil wraps. MMM.

I’ve been a little melancholy lately. I don’t know if it’s because I went off my sleeping pills or what? The sleeping pills were an old school anti-depressant, so maybe they were helping me out a little more than just sleep?

Well, that’s me. Smile

No comments: