Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A Bittersweet Birthday

I’m going to post twice today… Only because I had half a blog written and decided to write out some feelings about a completely different subject.

Today is Parker’s 13th Birthday. It has been such a fun day with early morning pancakes, decorations, presents, parties, pizza, candy, and fun. He has enjoyed the day and is so excited to be 13. His friends got him some fun gifts and of course he loves the AirSoft gun! But, he isn’t home with his parents. I can hear the sadness in my sister’s voice when she calls, knowing she isn’t here celebrating with her baby boy. I know, KNOW that Parker is absolutely supposed to be here with me. But it’s days like today that I hate seeing him away from his parents. While he is busy, he is okay… But I can tell he misses his mom and dad. I am just trying to make his day very special.

Happy Birthday Parker! I love you!

Parker's birthday 001 Parker's birthday 010 Parker's birthday 012 Parker's birthday 018 Parker's birthday 070

No comments: