Monday, July 5, 2010

Freedom

This post is a day late, I realize. Yesterday was Independence Day. This is  big deal. It is easy to get caught up in the barbeques, fireworks, parades, and parties, but it is important to remember why we celebrate the 4th of July. I can’t imagine a life without Freedom. I like doing what I want, when I want. I like being a free woman. A woman that doesn’t have to worry about the clothes I wear or the company I keep. My dad was in the Army as a young man. He served two 4 year terms in general artillery. He was not in a war (thank God), but he served our country just the same. My grandpa was also in the Army. He served in WW2. I am proud of them. I am proud that I have servicemen in my bloodline. I have many dear friends that have served (or are serving) in Iraq and Kuwait. They have sacrificed for me. I feel safe in my home and country. Happy (late) 4th of July. Remember why we celebrate!!

Today is my dad’s birthday. He died 10 1/2 years ago, but I still want to celebrate him. He would be 70 today! That seems so crazy to me!! I miss him so much. I wish he were here to have birthday cake. I wish he were here to hug me and love me. Happy Birthday Daddy. I love you. I miss you.

princess 1  Princess taking a comfy nap :) I love this dog!

car Oh yeah… I bought a new car!! 2010 Toyota Corolla! She’s a beaut! I haven’t named her yet… but I have a few ideas in mind :)

No comments: