Thursday, March 19, 2009

GREAT NEWS!!!!!

My newest niece was born today at 4 AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rosie Lyn Bagshaw is 6 lbs 2 oz and 18 inches long. She is going to have to be in the NICU for a few days because she had some weird test results, but it should all be good! I HOPE I'll get some pictures soon! (AND, P.S. They gave Rosie MY middle name!!!! I was SO EXCITED ABOUT that!!)

So, I guess I should explain the shot thing to people! Tambi asked a great question! She wanted to know why I needed shots!! Well, I thought I would give the story. I had to get a TON of blood work done to figure out why my blood sugar was so messed up. So, they found out that my body creates and stores 300 times the insulin than is needed..... And that's NO BUENO... So, I have to take shots that will help destroy insulin. I'll probably have to take them for the rest of my life. I go back to the doctor tomorrow, so we'll see what he says. Hopefully it will all work out. My sugars have still been crazy! The other day I ate a candy bar, so you would think my sugar would go up...... NO! It went down, WAY DOWN! So, it was like 40 instead of 90-120 like it should have been. So, it's been a crazy adventure.

I hope to have pictures soon!
Yay for a post 2 days in a row!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY for the new niece! That is so exciting, even though she has to be in NICU :( And thanks for explaining the shot thing to me, and I even had my name in your post, I feel so special :)