Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter weekend

Happy Easter! I have had a pretty chill weekend... My mom and I have been sick... so it has been pretty quiet around here. I woke up this morning to an Easter basket! I got a new game for my DS, bubbles, candy, and a People magazine. Yeah, it's pretty cool. My mom and I made a shirmp boil and jello cake for dinner. They were pretty darn yummy... Um... Not much new is going on really. I am working hard like always (or is it hardly workin'??)

Oh, I watched Martian Child... It was wayyy good. My kitties watched the whole thing... Pictures to prove it!


Roxy watched this whole movie! She loved it!!!

4 comments:

Abby said...

No, I know, there's something wrong with me--I'm reading blogs at 7:40 a.m. on a Monday morning. Alas. No, I have my reasons... if I'm online anyway, I might as well have some fun, right? Okay, but the real issue here is... what is Jell-O cake? Actually, I'm not sure I want to know the answer to that. No, really, I want to know, but only out of morbid curiosity. Don't send me the recipe or anything.

Kendra said...

Well, it isn't jello cake exactly... it is a white cake. You poke holes in the cake when it is warm, then pour jello over top. Then you put whip cream on top of that. It is pretty good. :) It sounds weird when it's called Jello Cake though! LOL

Abby said...

Well, what can I say--I guess that's just an Idaho thing, maybe? One of the many fun things about moving back to California is that the food here is better. You guys need to try some feta-hazelnut ravioli or something! I love going to the grocery store (just a regular locally-owned grocery store, not some random, out-of-the-way gourmet food store or anything like that) and getting really good things like stroopwafels, special varieties of mangoes, and the aforementioned ravioli. Oh, you've never had a stroopwafel, have you? See, you should come visit! (And even though it's really good, I won't make you eat grilled tofu; I'm kind of thinking that grilled tofu is to California what Jell-O cake is to Idaho... and what that gunk with all the marshmallows, Cool Whip, bananas, mandarin oranges, maraschino cherries, walnuts, and coconut in it is to Utah! Yuck. I am not fond of that stuff.) But hey, it all evens out... at least in Utah you never find yourself in line at the grocery store behind someone who has a unidread!

Anonymous said...

Grilled Tofu?? Nasty ;) I agree that Utah has some strange food traditions!