Sunday, July 8, 2012

An interesting survey

I saw this survey online, and thought it was pretty interesting. It goes beyond where is your cell phone and who is the last person you texted type questions (if you really wanted to know, my cell phone is on the table and the last text was from my sister). If you are interested, read ahead… if not, you can skip this post… just this once though :)

  • 1. What is more difficult for you, looking into someone’s eyes when you are telling someone how you feel, or looking into someone’s eyes when they are telling you how they feel?

I would say that I have a harder time looking into someone’s eyes when they are telling me how they feel. I tend to make a lot of eye contact… maybe too much sometimes.. but if you are bearing your soul to me… I’ll probably be looking at the ceiling or TV or something.

  • 2. Think of the last time you were REALLY angry. WHY were you angry? Do you still feel the same way?

This is a hard question. My first reaction is that I don’t get angry very often. Sure, I get irritated and upset, but angry… I don’t know. However, I do tend to hold grudges, so maybe I do get angry more than I’d like to admit. I guess the last time I got angry is when I was “reassigned” at my last job. I know it worked out for the best, and it wasn’t really a big deal, but I was MAD. I felt like a loser and inadequate and all that jazz. I’m not angry anymore and I don’t work there anymore, so it’s all good :)

  • 3. You are on a flight from Honolulu to Chicago non-stop. There is a fire in the back of the plane. You have enough time to make ONE phone call. Who do you call? What do you tell them?

First of all, why am I flying from Honolulu to Chicago? Anyway, I would call my mom. I would tell her I love her and that she made my life amazing. I would ask her to tell my friends and family that I love them and that I will miss them. I would tell her to burn my journals! haha.

  • 4. You are at the doctor’s office and he has just informed you that you have approximately one month to live. Do you tell anyone/everyone you are going to die? What do you do with your remaining days? Would you be afraid?

It would be hard to tell people, but I think I would. For one, I would probably start doing my bucket list stuff, and it might look really crazy that all of a sudden I’m wasting my money and traveling and getting a million tattoos and saying goodbyes and all of that jazz. I would want my last month to be spent with only people I love. I would be afraid. Not because I’m afraid of dying, but because I would be afraid of how my family would react to my death. I would worry about them.

  • 5. You can have one of the following two things. Which do you choose? Why? Love and Trust.

I would choose trust, because you can’t have love without trust. If you have trust, love typically goes hand in hand.

  • 6. You are walking down the street on your way to work. There is a dog drowning in the canal on the side of the street. Your boss has told you if you are late even once more, you are fired. Do you take the time to save the dogs life? Why or Why not?

Yes, I would save it. And if my boss didn't understand, I'd just quit. A job, while difficult to do, can be replaced. The life of an animal cannot.

  • 7. Would you rather be hurt by the one you trust the most or the one you love the most?

As I said, love and trust tend to go hand in hand. So, I guess it would be the same person. However, if I have to choose I guess I would be more hurt by the one I trust. If I trust them, I trust that they won’t hurt me. If they do hurt me then that would be a big blow.

  • 8. Your best friend confesses that he/she has feelings for you more than just friendship. He/she is falling in love with you. What do you (or did you) do/say?

My best friends are Jackie and Cindy. If they confessed their love for me I would tell them to lay off the booze. :) Friends can love each other… but if they had romantic feelings for me I would laugh!!

  • 9. Think of the last person who you know that died. You have the chance to give them 1 hour of life back, but you have to give up one year of yours. Do you do it? Why or Why not?

This is tough. I would say no. The last person I know that died is my Uncle Bud. Although  I love my Uncle Bud a lot, I wouldn’t want him to suffer even an hour longer than he did. If the last person I knew that died was a child that died suddenly, the answer may be different. I guess maybe it sounds selfish, but I wouldn’t do it.

  • 10. Are you the kind of friend that you would want to have as a friend?

I try to be………..

  • 11. Does love = sex?

Absolutely not. I love a lot of people I don’t want to have sex with! Sex is a great part of a romantic relationship… but just because you are having sex doesn’t mean you love each other… Sounds awful but it’s true. Sex is awesome with someone you love, but a lot of people have sex just because of hormones!

  • 12.Your boss tells your coworker that they have to let them go because of work shortage, and they are the newest employee. You have been there much longer. Your coworker has a family to support and no other means of income. Do you go to your boss and offer to leave the company? Why or Why not?

Another question that will make me sound selfish… I would say no. Only because I have a family to support as well. Maybe if I had another job offer, or I could live without that income, but layoffs suck and most people who are let go have families… it’s the sucky way the world works.

  • 13.When was the last time you told someone HONESTLY how you felt regardless of how difficult it was for you to say? Who was it? What did you have to tell the person?

Wow. I honestly don’t know the answer to this. I’m not an overly emotional person… I don’t typically gush my feelings to anyone. I’ll have to ponder this one.

  • 14. What would be (or what was) harder for you to tell a member of the opposite sex, you love them or that you do not love them back?

It would be harder to tell them that I didn’t love them back. I never want to hurt anyone, and that would definitely hurt someone!

  • 15. What do you think would be the hardest thing for you to give up? Why would it be hard to lose?

My family. I wouldn’t give them up…. the why seems obvious!

  • 16. Excluding romantic love, when was the last time you told someone you loved them? Who were they to you?

I tell my mom I love her all the time… and my sister and brother and Parker and nieces!

  • 17. If there was one moment and one time in the last month, what would you change and why?

In the last month, I actually can’t think of anything I would change.

  • 18. Imagine it is a dark night, you are alone, it is raining outside, you hear someone walking around outside your window. WHO do you wish was there with you?

Christopher Meloni. Come on, you didn’t say it had to be someone who would REALLY be outside my window!

  • 19. Would you give a homeless person CPR if they were dying? Why or Why not?

Yes I would. It doesn’t matter if they are homeless. They are a person and they need help. End of story.

  • 21. You are holding onto your grandmother’s hand and the hand of a newborn that you do not know as they hang over the edge of a cliff. You have to let one go to save the other. Who do you let fall to their death? What was your rationale for making the decision?

I would save the newborn. I don’t have any living grandma’s, but the answer would be the same. A newborn has an entire life to live. My grandma would want me to save the baby.

  • 22. Are you old fashioned?

Hmm. I don’t think so.

  • 23. When was the last time you were nice to someone and did NOT expect anything in return for it?

I am nice all the time and I never expect anything in return.

  • 24. Which would you choose, true love with a guarantee of a broken heart, or never loved at all? Why?

Dang. This one is pretty hard. I guess I would say true love and a broken heart. Maybe because I’m stupid… but I think everyone should experience true love once in their life.

  • 25. If you could do anything or wish anything, what would it be?

I would wish for some good luck in my family. For my family to be happy and healthy. And if I could, I would wish for more wishes. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kenz... we need to talk. lolololololololololololololol

~Cin said...

By the way, the post above was from me. (Cindy)