Monday, April 19, 2010

Motherhood

I’ve never had a lack of respect for mothers.. I just never realized how freaking hard it is! Maybe when you have a baby, and raise it from infancy it is a little easier?? But, I’m not thinking so. I love Parker to death, don’t get me wrong. I would not change the fact that he is here.. but some days, I just want to follow my own schedule! This week alone I have baseball practice, therapy, carpooling, etc.. AND, cooking. Okay, so cooking isn’t all that hard, right? WRONG! I don’t cook. I never have. Both of my parents are excellent cooks. I’ve eaten well my whole life (obviously).. But I did not get the cooking gene. If you know me, you know that I have only lived on my own for about 5 months of my life. I’ve been a kid, married, or back at home with mom.. And mom cooks yummy food! But, now it’s just me and Parker.. and well, I can’t afford to eat out every night (financially or physically) :) So, I’ve made tacos and fettuccini alfredo, both of which Parker loved.. But, you know. It isn’t fun for me. Maybe it will get more fun as time goes by? Anyway, life is good. I like my cute little apartment and stuff. And I like Aunt-motherhood.. Some days are just more tiring than others :)

 

DSCF6574  Parker at DARE (drug abuse resistance education) graduation. Fun night!!

1 comment:

Natchel said...

Good for you Kendy!
haha everytime I'm in the store in the frozen section and I see those Buitoni meals, I think of you!
You'll do great! I am not big into cooking either. I LOVE recipes/cook books. I collect them. But I hate USING them. So I usually make the same things all the time. But they're good so I don't mind!