Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Eww??

Okay, it's taken me a few days to write this blog...

Some background: I live near Rexburg Idaho, home of Brigham Young University-Idaho. If you are not familiar with BYU or BYU-I, it is made up of mostly Mormon students. The community is made up of probably 85-90% Mormon people. They are therefore very, very close minded.


Well, the other night my mom and I went out to Applebee's to have dinner. We were dressed up because we had just gone to a wedding. I was wearing a skirt that was knee length, therefore showing my tattoos.

Here are pictures of my 3 tattoos: Look and finish reading the story...




So, I'm walking out of Applebee's and a lady says, "EWWWWWW". Not just "hmm" or "ahh"... Nope, she looked right at my tattoo and said "EWWWWWWW"... She said it pretty loud and drug the word out. Now, I would understand if my tattoo looked like this:
I would understand "EWWWWW"... But come on... A sun-moon-lightning bolt-frog... Those aren't "EWWWW" type tattoos.
So, I have been offended for a few days now and needed to write it out. Some people really make me angry.

1 comment:

Abby said...

Oh, goodness, people all have their own ideas, I guess. You know--some people are okay with both tattoos and good manners, and other people apparently can't handle either! Alas!