Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Sad day

Before Christmas I found out a second grader I have worked with off and on has Leukemia. It is called AML Leukemia, it is very fast moving. She wasn't even really sick at first, then her parents took her to the doc because she was dehydrated from the flu and they found out about the AML. I put together a fund raiser at school to raise some money for her and her family. I raised 600 dollars! I was really excited! She came into school with her mom to collect the money yesterday. It was so hard to see her with no hair and a mask over her mouth and nose. I wanted to cry. She is so strong and happy. She was on her way down to SLC to get a spinal tap and another round of chemo. :( I hope she gets better soon!!!!!!


Tomorrow is singles awareness day... Here are some cards to get you in the mood...

2 comments:

Natchel said...

youre so cynical! we miss you! come to tucson!

Kendra said...

Being cynical kicks butt. I want to come visit you! Maybe this summer??!!! :)