Sunday, December 16, 2012

It’s only been 4 months…

Well, hello… Whoever reads this… It’s been awhile, and a lot has changed in life. The biggest change is that Parker and I moved to Utah the weekend after Thanksgiving. I was offered a job at Utah Valley University. I was struggling to find [stable] work in Idaho, and was having a hard time paying bills… So, this job offer came at a great time. So, we have been in Utah nearly a month and so far it’s going okay. It is very different, and there have been challenges… but it’s starting to feel more like home. There are a lot of things I miss about Idaho. First, I miss my mom like crazy! It’s strange to not be able to just hop in  my car and drive 2 blocks to see her. It has been hard being away again, even though it’s only 3 hours. I miss my friends a lot! It took me a long time to find friends that loved me for me, and whom I could trust 100%. When I did find those friends, it was awesome! And now, I miss them dearly. I miss the small town feel of Sugar City. I miss the short drives to work, and the slow pace. I worry everyday about Parker and how he is doing in school. He says he is happy and making friends, but I can’t help but worry about him. His school is much bigger, and the lifestyle is so different. But we are doing well. I like my job. I like working at the college. I am even going to take a class in the Spring! (I get to take classes for free, so who wouldn’t?) There are things I love about Utah too… I love that there are places besides Applebee’s and JB’s to eat :). I love that the mountains are right out my window. There are more opportunities and things to do here, which is a plus. So far the weather has been pretty good… a little warmer than Idaho, so that’s a plus!

So much more to say, and yet this is getting long and boring :) I’ll try to keep up :).

Happy Holidays!