Saturday, June 9, 2012

The 70’s are calling!

Kim and I were really hungry and really tired last night after a long day at the hospital with mom… so we decided to just find somewhere close to eat. Neither of us are familiar with Salt Lake, so we just drove down State Street until we saw something… well, we saw a Coachman’s and Kim remembered eating there with my aunt once… so we parked and walked in. I about died! The old cigarette dispensers had candy in them… and everything was 70’s, even the music! And it was full of old people! We thought we walked into a retirement home!! But the food was good and we got a lot of it! We both ordered fish and chips… but first they brought out soup, then salad, then the fish and chips, then ice cream! It was crazy! And cheap too… WELL, we were finished so they brought us the check… and as we walked to the counter to pay I saw a sign that said, “No debit or credit cards”. Uh oh. The waitress said they only accepted cash or checks…. WHAT! Well, lucky for me I had thrown my check book in my back. I usually don’t carry it!! Anyway, we paid and all was well… but it was the funniest place ever! But it was only $25 for both of us to eat, which included the drink and everything!

coachmans1coachmans6coachmans7coachmans2coachmans3coachmans4coachmans8